Expert Evidence can be likened to an iceberg.
To fully understand the requirements of writing the expert report and appearing as an expert witness (the visible bit) you have to understand the environment in which you are working, and the rationale for the many requirements of an expert. This is the material which is under the waterline and which is covered in this tute.
This tute is comprised of the following modules:
– A very brief history of the legal system
– Legal systems around the world
– Legislation and common law in Australia
– The courts in Australia
– An introduction to evidence
– An introduction to expert evidence